Ayanna Pressley for Congress Seeks Organizing Fellow
Overview: The A-Team is hiring Organizing Fellows to help re-elect Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley in 2022. Fellows will report to our Organizing Director, and will be an integral part of executing the campaign’s organizing operation as we work to engage our strong coalition of volunteers and increase voter turnout. You will be learning and executing foundational organizing skills, such as door knocking, phone banking, digital organizing, volunteer recruitment and volunteer management.
- Work with the Organizing Director to implement a direct voter contact program to increase turn out and support for Ayanna Pressley in primary and general elections
- Door knock, phonebank, and text voters to recruit for events and identify supporters
- Recruit and train volunteers to ensure a growing and diverse base of volunteers that we can activate for direct voter contact and community organizing actions
- Facilitate Community Organizing events focused on activating new volunteers and engaging all members of our community
- Additional duties as assigned by the Organizing Director or Campaign Manager.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for field work, building relationships with volunteers, and voter education.
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and progressive values in line with the work of Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and virtually.
- Willing to learn campaign technology including Google Sheets and Votebuilder.
- Good sense of humor and ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment.
- A high level of organization and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous campaign and/or organizing experience is excellent, but not required.
- Fluency in Spanish, Haitian-Creole or Mandarin is appreciated but not required.
- Strong preference for current MA-07 residents.
This is a fellowship beginning August 1 and ending November 8 for 20 hours per week. Fellows will be expected to attend an orientation on July 25. Fellows will receive a stipend of $1440/month.
To submit an application, please email the following to Daniela Michanie at [email protected] by 10AM EST. on Friday, July 15th:
- Your answer to the following questions (no more than 5 sentences per question, please):
- Why do you want to join the A-Team?
- What does community organizing mean to you?
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
The Committee to Elect Ayanna Pressley is an equal-opportunity employer. The A-Team is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and members of other traditionally underrepresented and marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Mitigation: Our team takes a number of measures to mitigate COVID exposure. Expectations for remote and in person work can be discussed during the interview process. Proof of vaccination & 1 booster shot is required prior to start date.