The Committee to Elect Ayanna Pressley is hiring a full-time GOTV Organizing Fellow to help re-elect Ayanna Pressley in 2020. The GOTV Organizing Fellow will work directly with our Organizing/Digital Director to engage our strong coalition of volunteers and to build our grassroots movement. The GOTV Organizing Fellow will be assigned to a variety of different tasks as determined by the needs of our organizing program.
This position will be hired on the basis of availability for primarily virtual work, with the potential for some in-person tasks.
Tasks/roles may include recruiting and training volunteers, directly engaging voters (making calls and sending texts), and doing data entry. Fellows may also assist with assembling and delivering yard signs, and staffing virtual and outdoor COVID-safe events.
The Organizing Fellow will be a utility player within the Campaign’s field operation, and could be assigned other tasks as determined by the needs of our organizing program.
What we are looking for:
- Prior political campaign experience preferred but not required.
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and progressive values in line with the work of Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for building meaningful relationships.
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask.
- Willing to learn campaign technology including Google Sheets and Votebuilder.
- Good sense of humor and ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Strong preference for current MA-07 resident.
This is a GOTV fellowship beginning October 1 and ending November 3. Fellows will be expected to attend an orientation on September 15. This is a full-time, paid position with a stipend of $3,600.
To submit an application, email your resume and a cover letter to Erina at [email protected] by 10:00 a.m. on September 11.
Commitee to Elect Ayanna Pressley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information in accordance with state law, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.